Saturday, June 30, 2007

BLAG

...is how I nearly always accidentally type the word BLAH on the first try. I have a bunch of words like that.

"Come Back, Little Sheba" was moving, tear-compelling, wonderful. For me, the theater is special among the arts. As other lovers of it have always known, the sacred may be found there, but it must be elicited with excellence in all areas coming together and giving you the magic sensation of it being greater than the sum of its parts. This play did that. I got lazy about writing a proper review, but I figured, that's really all one needs to know. If you would like the rich, fulfilling experience of a truly good stage play that is well executed, might I recommend "Come Back, Little Sheba" starring my pal Alan, and his no less than magnificent co-star, S. Epatha Merkerson. I knew she was a wonderful actor and I have always liked her, but I had never experienced her on the stage before and was shocked and amazed at her giftedness.

The Police show was fucking awesome. I had more fun than I even anticipated I would, very much worth the long days' wait. I fell in love with The Police when I was 11 years old, and never fell out, so this was very important to me. Thank you once again, Jason and Joy, for making this possible. I was expecting to suffer a broken heart for awhile from missing this show, but then I didn't miss it, thanks to you. And my heart sang!

But about the title of this post, it's mainly about the heat, which has been going on a little long without a break now. I need a Marine Layer. The high summer temps are no longer hard to get used to and I like the weather, but my hands get clammy, I wilt and tire too easily and it gets harder than usual to motivate myself to do everyday stuff (besides work, which is a relief). Also, the bright sun and blue sky, medicine for depression that I very much need, after awhile are just so bright and blue I need a break.

It's also about a case of the blues that's been a bit hard to shake in the past week or so. BLAH. Over soon, I'm sure.

No comments: