Monday, March 12, 2007

House of Joy

Bon aprés-midi, Messieurs et Mademoiselles. I'm writing to you on a day I would ordinarily be hard at work, slaving away over various and assorted field reports. Instead I'm at Joy's house, eating Easy Mac, drinking lemonade, fucking around on the internet and listening to iTunes. I mined all the stuff that I'm sure I like from her vast library (I've spent hours on just this) into a playlist I can listen to when I'm here. I also wrote down stuff I'm not sure of, to listen through later.

I will go into work tomorrow to help our poor abandoned Luis, he of the killer sentence composition (if you read Joy's blog you know what I mean). He is unaccustomed to days on his own in there, and may have better things to do than sit around and answer the damn phone.

From there, I will be attempting to get some more background stuff. If I don't manage to get any for Wednesday (it's really a day by day thing, getting background work), I'll be coming back up here to North Hollywood, paying a visit to the call-in service peeps and finally getting signed up with them. It makes the life of someone who does this for a (meantime) living much, much easier.

Joy is in Portland, visiting her awesome bro Brian Backlash for the week. I hope she is having nine tons of fun, that the time is going nice and slow and that she comes back feeling like she got to spend a whole month away.

I'll be spending more time here while she's gone, watering all her plants and feeding any number of her pets, but I think I'll be going home for tonight in a while. My T.V. gets better reception, and Prison Break and 24 are on tonight, so. You know. I've always had my priorities straight. It is just after four now, I should be doing a vlog post in a bit.

P.S. looks like Blogger has not updated their clock for DST

No comments: